Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday: I had so much trouble at lunch today.

It's Prince Kuhio Day, so I had the fun random Thursday off, making this week and next a 4-1-1-2-4-3 pattern of work and off days.  

I then went to get lunch and had many small inconveniences that I was not expected.  I did get to stop at a red light on the way and make "black truck guy who is really in a big hurry to get somewhere, so he constantly switches lanes" angrily jerk his car into the next lane over because he really wanted me to run the light so he could too.  Then the light changed and he took forever to get his stupid truck up to speed, and then finally passed me to run two more lights before getting stuck at a red again.  Good job, truck guy.

In any case, I began ordering, and completely forgot the phrase "French onion soup."  I then couldn't find the part of the menu that contained the soups, so I had to wait for the person at the counter to remind me what soups exist.

Next up, this thing:
Do you see the problem?
You can tell at the straw-hole.  Somehow I got a lid that was actually two lids, but not just two separate lids.  The two were sealed together at the edge, and I couldn't figure out how to pull them apart.  Also:

These chairs.

Are clearly designed to kill people.  There's just enough of a back so that you think it's a real chair, so you can nearly tip over backwards.  

  • The news mentioned that the Hawaii film festival is coming up.  I went to check what movies they're showing, and as I scrolled through, my exact quote was, "Holy shit, 'When Marnie was There' is playing before the actual release!"
  • Lex Luthor.
  • Dogs aren't very smart.
  • Sun Noodle makes the ramen for the ramen place.








No comments:

Post a Comment