Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday: I really need to write a bot to decide what I want for lunch.

It's not too hard to do.  First, create a list of places I like for lunch.  Second, write a bot that periodically polls my blog to see what I had when.  This is a bit tricky, as I tend to not actually say where I went, using "sushi place," "ramen place," etc.  Still, new places usually get a link to the restaurant webpage, and until the place becomes the "X place," I tend to link back to that initial post.  So, if the initial list contains keywords, those can be used to match old places, and new places can be stored by detecting unique words.

The point of this is that I would then not have to spend an hour looking through yelp for someplace for lunch.
La Tour Cafe was the end decision.

  • First point: why does anyone employ political cartoonists?  Haven't they been made fun of for decades now?  They haven't been relevant since the 1800s.  Second: why do they all have shitty art styles?  Third: Do you have to make a stupid signature to be an official political cartoonist?  If I didn't have other things to do, maybe I should draw some.  It seems I have the art skill necessary, and since you generally label everything anyway, it doesn't matter if I claim that this blue circle is "Obama" and these green stuff is the "common people".  I just googled to see if I could just find a "blue ball bouncing on grass," and this came up.  I guess the little girl represents "communism" or something.  TL;DR: Political cartoons are stupid.
  • I had to stop eating lunch when I got to this post.  I then had to get more raspberry fanta to stop coughing.  Because yes.
  • We had this, as well as a bunch of "don't play with guns, even if they just have blanks in them, because you could still start a fire."  I was confused who had piles of guns around, some of which were labeled "blanks only," and who would think to shoot them all over the place.  Also what "blanks" were, since this was like first or second grade.
  • Technically, Perseus had the winged sandals of Hermes to fly and attack Medusa, and only after her death did Pegasus arise.  That doesn't really stop this from being kickass mythology fanart.
  • This is the kind of comic book I would like to read more of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment