Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday: Salad?

Yep, salad time.  I had a tasty salad in Long Beach, and wanted to see if I could reproduce it at home.  Ingredients:

  • Pile of arugula.
  • A pear
  • A lemon
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Salt/pepper/olive oil/honey
Juice lemon, balance the sour with some honey, add a bit of salt and pepper, and then be absolutely astonished when the olive oil emulsifies into the mix without too much effort.  Slice pear in half, core, do thin slices, and then cut crosswise into bite size bits.  Shave off some Parmesan slices, and then dump everything into a plastic tub to shake around.  The results:
I may have added some prosciutto.
I needed to add a bit more honey to the dressing, as it was still a bit too acidic.  This worked better than the one I had in LB, mostly because I could add as much Parmesan as I wanted (surprise, it was lots).  The only problem with dinner salads is that I always end up hungry again before bed time.  I may have to solve this issue with ice cream, which may counteract the "healthy" aspect of the salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment