Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday: Sushi day


I have clearly established a sushi routine. I've been going later in the afternoon, as that puts more things on the belt, but also means I need to wait for a seat.  There's a sign in sheet, and because of that, the workers now know my name.  That feels a bit weird, since no one has a name tag there, so I only know them as "sushi people."  I also got a "see you next week!" as I was leaving.  Again, feels a bit weird.

At least I'm not like the people who were next to me when I sat down.  They had piles of crap all over, and were taking up like an extra space for no good reason.  The daughter also picked up a roll, and proceeded to squeeze it and then smear the rice all over the counter.  This wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that the daughter was like 15.  Good job being shitty ass parents, shitty ass parents.

Anyway, the menu is new, and so there's lots of things to try:
Spicy ebi fry roll.  Cucumber and fried shrimp inside the roll, topped with spicy ahi, scallions, and unagi sauce
Ahi poke wonton.  Crispy wonton with ahi and onion.  Very tasty.  There's a spicy version as well, but I think I'll stick with the unspicy one.
Yes. Someone there today was an asshole.
Garlic ahi.  This isn't really new, and I wasn't planning on ordering it, but it showed up on the belt, and I couldn't resist.

  • I bought my Pikachu Nintendo 64 at CompUSA in a similar sale. I don't think I paid $50, though.  I think it was like $20, and even the person at the checkout didn't believe that price, and so she called a manager over to confirm it.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work since moving, so no Pokemon Snap for me.
  • Well, I guess it's good that some people are still assholes.  Wait, no, the opposite of that.
  • "Three Baby Spiders."  It's a fun song, suitable for babies.
  • "Fuck Me in the Ass Because I Love Jesus."  This one is a funny song, but I think you can guess from the title that it's rather different in style.
  • Black Books is a wonderful show, and I haven't watched it in years.  Might be time to break out the DVDs.
  • This sounds like a great idea.  As someone who's been stuck at airports for extraordinarily long layovers before, I'd probably pay that much for a quiet place away from other people that I could charge devices and what not.  However, paranoia about missing the flight would probably prevent me from using this for anything less than a 6-8 hour delay.

Also, I totally meant to do some science today, but there's a problem with the database, and I can't get any of my results to download.  Hopefully someone will fix this soon, so I can do something tomorrow.  Or, I guess I can finish up that paper.  :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment