Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday: "Where the hell is that alarm coming from?"

It turns out that the answer to that question was: "your phone, because you have weather warnings enabled."
The radar like an hour ago.
The panorama I took and worked on when the rain killed my cable and internet, leaving me with only the TV saved on the DVR and the internet available via my phone.  Living in the future is clearly difficult.
The phone alarms were my phone trying to warn me that it's possible that the rain could create flooding conditions until like 10pm tonight.  Since I live on the tenth floor, and my car lives on the third, I'm not super concerned that the flood is going to get me.  I think once floods figure out how to use elevators I'll worry about it, and until then, I'll just take pictures of the rain.

Then I made a patty melt for dinner.
See?
Not the best I've ever made, but still not bad.  I figured if I was going to get rye for this week's pastrami sandwiches, it's worth melting up a patty.  I think the biggest issue with the sandwich is related to the fact that the local ground beef is 90/10, so even frying it in butter didn't add much fat and juiciness.

Cute link time:

No comments:

Post a Comment