Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday: I was going to do math at some things this evening

Ended up not doing it, as I'm saving up all my maths for the weekend.  Then I'm just going to go crazy with math.  Math all over the place.

On that topic, it would have been a lot simpler if that paper had just said "it's a dot product" to explain what their algorithm is.  Because it is.  That would have made reading through a bunch of crap far easier.  "Dot product.  Boom.  Isn't that simple?" Yes, that would have been wonderful.  Instead it's all sorts of "do this, do that, sum things up, blah blah."  Everyone understand dot products, so saying that immediately illustrates why it works the way it does.

Or "inner product" if you prefer that name.

"Huh. I wonder how that other guy got down."

Magic kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment