Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday: Inauguration Day


I didn't catch this live, since it was done on Eastern time, which is five hours away from me.  I then spent most of the afternoon hoping MSNBC would just play the entire thing over again.  Unfortunately, that wasn't as interesting for them as playing the Obamas dancing for the thousandth time.  Again, yay for youtube.

My original plan for today was to use the same text for all three of my posts, only substituting in the correct words in each.  That turns out to be far harder than I originally thought, so I'm just going to tie them together with the triptych tag.

Someone's thinking "You're a fucking moron, John," and for once, it's not just me.

  • I'd never heard of this until I was browsing wikipedia yesterday.  Surprising how a number of those names came up again thirty years later to basically cement their positions as "fucking paranoid shitbags."
  • Speaking of paranoid shitbags, here's some guy on Forbes who is convinced that Obama is dead set on forcing everyone into concentration camps where we...entertain each other and tweet about it?  Instead of making things with our hands?  I'm not really sure, but he's rather angry, and certainly paranoid.
  • Topic shift! Koffing! I must have missed this bit when I was taking screen caps last week.
  • Why is this even a thought someone had?  Just think of the logistics.  If I want to make calamari out of squid, I buy a bunch of squid, knife goes in guts come out, then I slice the hood into a pile of rings. Super simple.  If I'm doing the same thing with pigs, I get one chance per animal, I need to do more work than I would need to for mechanically separated pork, so my costs are going to be much higher.  It's not like the calamari demand is that huge.
  • Overly Honest Methods.  The one about the corrections from reviewer #1 was the thing that made it for me.  There's a twitter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment