Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday: Sushi!

Today was a good day at the conveyor belt sushi place.  The only thing I had to order manually was the unagi.  Everything else magically appeared hot and fresh on the line for me to grab and enjoy.  They've also changed the menu slightly, as there are now a lot of new things that I've not seen before.  I think this means that next time I go, I'll have to study a bit more and order some of those new things.
Salmon, ahi, Texas roll.
Chicken karaage, that same ahi, ebi-fry.
King of lunch: unagi.

  • Huh.  Well, that's so fucking obvious that now I feel dumb for not coming up with it before now.
  • :(  I knew immediately after that popped up on my RSS feed that it was about Neil's dog dying.
  • Om nom cookies.
  • Here's my thought on how to improve AAS: A number of people mentioned to me that they wanted to see session X, but were already going to session Y.  After sitting next to the ADS booth all week, and hearing the tutorials on their new searches and the wonders of creating author connection webs, the solution seems obvious.  For each author in a session, construct an author web for all their papers, and repeat for all sessions.  Next, construct a list of best simultaneous sessions by attempting to maximize the distance between sessions.  This should split similar topics onto different days automatically, without being really that difficult.  I mean, we're astronomers.  We should be using math to solve difficult problems.
  • Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment