Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday: Today I have stories

Mind you, it's not that the stories are particularly wonderful or anything.  First, let's look at the sandwich I made for lunch.
Turkey, cheddar, lettuce and tomato with some bbq sauce.  It was a little bit too big for my mouth.  Super tasty though.  I'll probably have to do it again tomorrow.

Second, I got a call today that the apartment below mine had water leaking in, and the manager wanted to come inspect my apartment.  Oddly enough, this morning I noticed a drip on my bathroom wall coming from a puffed up patch near the ceiling.  I decided I would call my manager this afternoon to let them know that I thought that the apartment upstairs was leaking into mine.  I guess it's largely skipping my apartment in favor of downstairs.  Upstairs just renovated their bathroom a few months ago.  Looks like it didn't work right.

Next, as I was leaving work, I decided to stop at Long's to get some soap.  As I was walking over, I saw a cat heading into Manoa marketplace.  It had a really neat coat, with whorls and spirally patterns. I then did the only sensible thing, and sang a little song to myself: "Meow, meow, kitty, what are you doing?  Meow, meow, kitty, doing some shopping?"  I had apparently been sneaky ninja walking, because the cat immediately turned around, saw me, freaked out, and ran away.  Seems like the shopping wasn't that important.

Finally, as I was checking out at Long's, I got behind an old lady.  She refused to put her birthday card on the belt, instead carrying it to the far side of the scanner, making the check out girl bring it back to scan.  She then had to be told the price multiple times, each time claiming, "How can it be $28? It's only one card?"  C-O girl then replied, "No, two dollars, eight cents. 2-0-8."  Old lady then pulled out two ones, and then scavenged her purse trying to find the eight cents.  I would normally have started to get annoyed, but instead, found the entire thing hilarious, largely due to the fact that C-O girl was already pissed at this lady.  Failing to find the coins, OL switched to trying to pay with a check, causing the price routine to be repeated.  Next, she had to go over the date a few times, for some reason convinced it was January 6th (no word as to the year she thought it was).  She then had to be told who to make the check out to ("LONGS!"), and then tried to steal the pen she was given.  When asked to see her ID, she stood there for a moment, and then flipped open her wallet so COG could write down whatever information they write down.  Finally, she asked for the pen back so she could balance the checkbook right there.  That was the point where I was pretty sure that COG was going to jump over the counter and kill the old lady.  Once she was done, and I had finished checking out (which, since I used a card, took fifteen seconds at most), COG slammed down the "Register Closed" sign and went off to take a break.

Then, dinner time!  I had a brilliant idea this afternoon.  First, take some waffles and syrup:
Next, add a pile of leftover pulled pork:
Finally, chop up an apple, because there's no way you can convince yourself this is at all a healthy meal:

I thought this was an original idea, but it seems that the food truck people have beaten me to it.  Crap.  In any case, this was extraordinarily delicious.  My thought upon eating it was that my tongue felt like a puppy had just curled up to nap on it (that analogy totally works).

No comments:

Post a Comment