Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tuesday: Late dinners are hard to deal with.

 Which is why this post arrived exactly one minute before midnight.  Because of the complications of late dinners.
These are the greatest conference session chairs ever.  The padding doesn't suck, and the back flexes in a way that makes them comfortable.  There's resistance to the flexing, but it's not a hard back.
And then I went out to dinner with some people from grad school.  They're not staying at the conference hotel due to the expense, and that rolls into eating out away from the hotel, since everything here is super expensive.  So a Lonestar steakhouse.
This was not the greatest steak ever.  It wasn't awful, but there was a lot more inedible fat than I really wanted.
Also: angry orchard cider is everywhere here.  I have never seen a cider promoted so much.


The high cost of everything goes into keeping the cupola lit.  I wonder if that's where the big spiral staircase leads.
On the way back to my room I thought about getting something to drink.

This is the first pop machine I've seen that is credit card only.

But, wait, what?  Let's zoom and enhance this.
So the front says it's credit card only, but the reader says it's cash only?  How does this thing work?



No comments:

Post a Comment