Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday: "If you put a taco in a bag with even the smallest hole, the taco will escape!"

To be fair, they weren't actually talking about tacos, but about tako.

Spicy tan tan.

The kitchen miscounted my gyoza.

So they sent out two extra ones from a second batch.  I just finished eating the chicken, as saving that for dinner is my usual strategy.  Plus, even one extra gyoza made me super full.

  • Tanuki.
  • Dogs.
  • A strange link to my own blog, with the search term "cryptic bullshit" pre-filled in.  Why would this be here?
  • That XKCD about cell phones and the supernatural.  This also seems an odd link to have randomly show up out-of-the-blue.
  • Oh yeah, they showed a new X-files tonight.  I suspected something was up when my twitter timeline was all "who cares about this stupid football, show X-files!" and suddenly turned to "cats and video games" after it played on the mainland.  The reviews keep suggesting that the next two episodes are better, but I think I'm going to stick with Supergirl tomorrow.  Here are more reasons why:
    • "I also have alien DNA!"  I thought we knew that already.
    • "Everything from the original series was all a lie!"  That's a convenient way to un-corner-paint the story after the train wreck that was the last N seasons.
    • "Ker-splodey!"  Yes.  We have computer graphics now.
    • "So, there's this vast conspiracy that are poisoning and manipulating the population with lies about aliens and terrorists so they can lure us all into a state where we give up all our rights to them, and then they can use this to rule the country, if not the whole world!"  Why?  This is literally the dumbest plan ever.  You have "zero point energy" machines.  What do you get by having a planet of slaves?  Do you need them to crank a machine all day?  No.  You have what you've defined as infinite energy.  Do you need them to make food?  No, because again, infinite fucking energy.  Every problem that you can come up with is now forever solved because you have infinite energy.  Need more water?  Make some.  Need more gold?  Make some.  It only takes a finite amount of energy to do that, and we've established that you have infinite.
    • "Vast conspiracy!"  No.  There is not going to be a vast conspiracy because people are bad at conspiring.  You can't just murder your way to everyone staying quiet, because you'd need to murder a significant fraction of your organization at some stage, and that makes the whole thing hard to sustain.  Call this the Hydra Principle.
    • "I am not actually an ex-FBI agent, I'm more like this excited puppy in the way I can dump decades of previous crazy ideas for brand new crazy ideas!"  Or this puppy.  Or this one.  I found lots of good dog gifs.










No comments:

Post a Comment