Sunday, October 28, 2018

Sunday: Donk.

Woke up, wanted lunch, and had no idea what I wanted for lunch.  Eventually made a decision, drove there, and decided to be boring and try someplace old because the new place looked kind of sketchy.

Then I went to Target, bought more than I needed, came home, and felt compelled to clean things.  So I vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, and took out the trash and recycling.

And, a few hours later, I discovered that I might have thrown out something I needed, so I got to go look in the dumpster for my trash, only to not find it because other people dumped their trash on top of it.  So that means I get to make a phone call tomorrow because health insurance is run by idiots, and things are needlessly complicated for dumb reasons.  Donk.

I also sat down and made stuffing, using only:

  1. Sausage.
  2. A Panera sourdough breadbowl bread I cut up into bits.
  3. Carrot.
  4. Onion.
  5. Celery.
  6. Chicken broth.
  7. Sage.
  8. Miso.
It turns out that miso might just be magical.
It has far more flavor than it should.  The miso adds all the umami that you really need to boost flavors.  I only added the miso to this serving, in case it didn't work well, but I could mix it in with the rest.  I also need to use smaller bread bits, because there's no gelling at all.

And then I watched Supergirl, which I'm a bit "meh" on, because if Melissa Benoist is just going to take half the season off, they should have just pushed the season back.  Instead, we got a filler episode about why the space-racist bad guy is so space-racist.  Spoiler: because he sucks, and who the fuck cares, it's 2018: we don't normalize bigots now.


  • This is technically a security hole, but all of my Roku things are isolated on the local network.  I probably should make an program to do all of these things.
  • The discovery of the sky.
  • Myth of Er.
  • I would really like a single player mode.  I'm ok being either "always dead because the other team is super good" or "somehow leading in kills with my healing/shield character because everyone else is super bad," but it'd be nice to be able to just do a story thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment