Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thursday: museum failures

Fuck it, this is just going to be centered.

First museum today was the international museum of America. It has some average bits of art interspersed with a bunch of art from their founder. I'm not saying it's a front for a cult, but it's also not that good of a museum.

there was no photography, but they said that was for the second floor. This was on the first floor. Ha ha!
I'm guessing that the real reason for the photography ban is so no one sees how bad the founder's art is. It's not awful in most cases, but it's nowhere near what the title cards think it is. The worst examples were the imitations of the classic Chinese "bird and flower" paintings.  I've doodled a copy of the kind of bird shown in these imitations:


Yeah.

After escaping the gift shop, I made my way to the next museum.
This is the old mint, and once upon a time had a museum. It doesn't anymore.
 Then I started seeing signs for the contemporary Jewish museum.  They were very concerned that I may not have eaten.
So I took them up on their offer of a pastrami sandwich.
And then on to the next museum, the cartoon art museum.

Which permanently closed on the twelfth.
Across the street is the California historical society, which was not closed, and had a very nice exhibit on the pan-Pacific international exhibition of 1915.

With a diorama I'll need to mosaic my pictures of.

And casual racism of a century ago. Ffs, a century ago. Get your shit together.
Then I went to the San Francisco railroad museum, and took all the pictures necessary.

Then I was back at the boat terminal so I got a Mexican coke from the specialty market.

This bird was trying very hard to look like a statue. I'm on to you, bird.

Then it was hot so I got a juice I was disappointed in. At least it wasn't full of kale and beets.

Boat ride home. If you're going to be the douche standing at the back of the boat trying to look cool with your cell phone and fancy beer, you're going to be in this photo. Seriously, just go sit down inside.
 Then dinner at a restaurant run by aliens.
What's this?

A Patty melt. It was built mostly correct, but it ended up being a bit too greasy.  I think the problem is that the onions were not caramelized.

No comments:

Post a Comment