Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sunday: Improvised plans work fine.

The first part of the plan was to go to the Museum of Art.

There was an exhibit of Korean ceramics.  Apparently this celadon color is a common form. 

These guys.

Some interesting stuff in the textiles room.

These guys.

So if you beat up anthropomorphic catfish, you can prevent earthquakes.

This dancing girl I've apparently never taken a picture of before.

You can see the bust of Shakespeare at just this one angle.

"No, hush.  I'm an angel, we do this all the time.  I'll dash up to heaven, swap out this Christ with one that's still breathing, and I'll be back before anyone notices.  Just say he's 'sleeping,' and it'll all be fine.  The important thing is not to panic."

Dog with human mask.
And then I had to decide what to get for dinner.  I was thinking Italian all day, but then there was the India and Southeast Asian rooms, and that made me think Indian would be good, even though that'd probably require a drive to Kailua.  So I took the average.

Which is obviously Greek.

And, quoting from twitter of the conversation I didn't have while chewing my last bite of lamb: 'Thank you psychic waitress. "Have you decided if you want dessert? Yes? Baklava?"'.
Finally, I decided to actually sit down and finish that game from last night, even though I knew I was going to win.
Japan is yellow.  I raced legions of cavalry from Korea to Bohemia.  That was the "fast" solution.  The Dutch eventually took the Philippines, and then spent an equally long time taking Madagascar.

No comments:

Post a Comment