Saturday, September 5, 2015

Saturday: And then I spent six hours playing that Axis&Allies clone game that I have in an anachronistic 1901.

I got curry first.
My team is US, British Empire, The Dutch, and Japan.  We're up against three other teams consisting of some sample of Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Russia, The Ottomans, and China.  The Americans are sweeping down Central America, clearing out the Spanish, and will eventually get to the Portugese.  The British dumped a bunch of Canadians in Brittany, and with reinforcements have taken the entire French coast.  They are holding India, and working up from Cape Colony to join up with random forces from Senegal in Egypt.  The Dutch are trying their damnedest to not lose their capital to the Germans and French until the British reinforcements get there.  They are failing at taking the Philippines from the Spanish, and are relying on Australian British forces to retake the Dutch East Indies.  Japan, along with allied forces in the Shanghai Concession, are slowly marching up and down the Chinese and Russian coasts while sweeping the Pacific of enemy navies.  They are about to take the Philippines, because for fuck's sake, The Dutch, you've tried and failed three damn times.  I forgot that the US is also playing "fuck you, Russia, I can dump soldiers into Chukotka with naval bombardment until the end of time."

It's a good thing that this is a three day weekend, although I think I'm going to the art museum tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment