Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday: I hate ParcelPool

It's this really stupid thing Amazon uses to mail things, which as far as I understand it, takes the packages from Amazon, drives them most of the way to the destination, and then dumps them for the USPS to deliver.  This generally means that a package from Amazon shipped from me to the mainland arrives there in two days, using regular USPS.  A package from Amazon shipped from me to me in Hawaii goes into a magical box for three days, at which point it gets a delivery date of a week from when it shipped, and is then delivered a day late.

This is pretty much how all of my Amazon packages seem to work now, and it's stupid.

Also stupid?  My internet service.  Previously I'd found a link that suggested that the shitty speed is due to an upgrade to the network that seriously degrades service on docsis 2.0 modems.  So I've been waiting for Amazon to get my fancy new cable modem to me.

Can you guess which tests were done after I installed the new modem?
So yeah.  Oceanic/TWC has broken their own service for people using the modems that they've provided.  They don't suggest that this may happen, and they don't preemptively send out notices that people should come and replace their cable modems with new ones.  I wonder what a report to the PUC would get me.

Anyway, at least now I'll be able to not wait for shit to load all the damn time.


No comments:

Post a Comment