Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday: Some days I miss not having air conditioning


Like when I'm trying to cook stuff, with the oven going, and the dishwasher drying dishes.  In the tropics.  Anyway:
Three of the cheeses I used, plus an impostor.
I thought about doing a recipe thing, but then didn't.  The mac and cheese ingredients are above.  Shred the cheeses (cheddar, parmesan, this gouda-style one, the unpictured gruyere), boil the pasta, make a bechemel sauce, dump sauce and pasta over cheese and let it steam, then mix.  I think I'll need to get some more milk at the store tomorrow, as it kind of needs to be thinned out a bit.  I ended up with a bit too much cheese, so it's not as creamy as I would have liked.  Once the M&C was done, I put some in a ramekin, and popped it in the oven to stay warm.  I'll probably do a layer of breadcrumbs tomorrow when I do that.

Next was the chicken.  I just kind of made up a batter on the fly, starting with a milk and egg start.  Then some spices, baking powder, and some flour.  I probably should have added more flour and beaten it in better, as the batter was a bit thinner than I would have liked.  I suspect this means I should have put more milk into the M&C.  Still, the end result was pretty good.  It didn't make a thick crust or anything, and it didn't get quite as crispy as I would have liked.  I did pound out the chicken, but probably could have done a better job.
BBQ sauce instead of pickles.  Because pickles aren't tasty.
Random animals!
This dog is not ready to go into space yet.

BEAR!


No comments:

Post a Comment