Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday: Errands

Being back home means I have to take care of things that I don't need to bother with when out on vacation/at conferences.  Mostly, that involves getting groceries so I have food.  I also went to Target to get Target things, since WF isn't really the best place to get cleaners and things.  I don't really want to pay twice as much for some organic cleaner.  I want deadly poisons, and deadly poisons are what I bought.

Since I woke up early (despite when I actually got out of bed and went to run the errands), I wanted to get something breakfast-y for lunch.  Since this place is close to Target, it ended up being my choice.  The chocolate chip pancakes were decent, and the linguica was tasty.  The potatoes were bland and tasteless, and I ended up chucking more than half of them.  A sprinkle of onion powder or cayenne or anything (salt maybe?) would have made them infinitely better.  Cooking them in a more flavorful oil would have helped as well (no clue what they used, but it had zero flavor as well).

Also, it turns out that you have to ask for syrup for chocolate chip pancakes.  Crazy.  It covered the "breakfast" vibe though, so I guess it worked well.

This picture is partially why I was lazy getting going this morning.  It's harder than I expected to register images for time-sequence gifs.  The main issue is that hugin auto match code tends to screw up pretty badly, resulting in really bad registration over the image.  This meant cropping the images (it's the same sequence I auto-posted from Durham) to just contain the cathedral, and then manually registering points.  You can tell I didn't bother with the foreground houses as much, so they tend to wobble around (which would have been far worse without cropping).  I also let gimp create inbetweened frames from the five key frames I registered.  I like the end result better than the five frame version, although you can still see some registration issues (especially in the west towers).


I still need to sort through my other images, but I think my plan is to update daily posts from the past two weeks  this week.  I definitely have a lot more hugin work to do stitching all the panoramas together.

Yay! A proper linkstorm!

No comments:

Post a Comment