Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday: mostly naps and menu planning

Today's plan was to get Girl Scout cookies.
I was successful.
I didn't check to see what the current status of palm oil in GSCs is, but it seems like they're still not terribly sustainable.  I also didn't bring this up with the girl who was selling me the cookies, as that seemed like it would be needlessly mean (although I do take issue with her assertion that "thin mints are the best because they're on top!"  You stacked those boxes into that pyramid, Little Girl.  Arbitrary stacks do not make samoas not the best cookie).

I think this weeks menu plan is going to be:

  • Sunday: I still have bacon, so those BALTiC sandwiches I never made last week.
  • Monday: Leftover bacon sandwiches.
  • Tuesday: Probably another day?
  • Wednesday: My plan for the rest of the week is to use up some of the stuff I have frozen, so I'm thinking either chili or spaghetti.
  • Thursday: I'm thinking I might go to this talk, since History channel can't talk about Egypt anymore unless it involves aliens.  That means it'd probably be a good day to eat out.
  • Friday: leftover freezer leftovers.  I really need to work through some of the piles of food I've made and forgotten about.
Random picture time:
Bunny!
What are you doing, puppy? You'd be 147 dog years old if you were old enough to drink!
Big O for President!
  • Worst apology ever.  Besides, he doesn't give a damn about personal responsibility, he wants to clearly vilify people who are his enemy, and does it in the harshest way he can think of.
  • At least his sponsors are realizing that maybe paying for someone to spout hatred on the radio isn't the best business decision.
  • This is a followup on the Cato stuff.  I think it's kind of funny that a group of people who largely spent their time coming up with studies that they had an answer to before they started are now finding that they're being taken over by people who want even more control over that fake research.
  • Pallet cleansing hedgehogs!



No comments:

Post a Comment