Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tacos!

I always forget that I put too much stuff in my tacos.  You can just barely see a bit of the fish peaking out at the bottom of the right taco, between the avocado and the lettuce.

This was a pretty simple prep: Slice tomato, avocado, lettuce. Shred cheese. Open tub of WF salsa (which has a bit too much cilantro).  Slice ono in half (for tomorrow) and then in half again (for two tacos).  Cover with taco seasoning, and then pan fry until done.  Pile everything in two overstuffed tortillas, and add some more salsa and chips for fun.

I'm tempted to just do this as a salad or something.  It's just too messy to eat all together like this.  Maybe shred the fish after cooking, and cut everything finely, and scoop it up with the tortilla Ethiopian style?  I'm not sure what to do.

The other main problem with all these veggies is that the flavor of the fish kind of gets lost.  The bites that were mostly fish were really good, with a firm texture, and a mild fishy taste.  I think this might be my new go to fish, replacing mahi.  There's just more flavor with this one, and I noticed that it's "green" rated instead of "yellow," so it's more sustainable and all that.  I'm not sure on the price, I think they both run around $18/lb.

No comments:

Post a Comment