Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday: That salmon probably wasn't going to be any good

And so, because of that (and not having anything for lunch tomorrow and not wanting to eat out again), I went to the store to get some groceries.  I stared at the fish for awhile, and was finally convinced to try opah.  I brought it home, and seared it in the cast iron pan, and came up with this:
That sandwich was clearly not going to fit into any human mouth. I looked at it, and tried to come up with various ways to do it, but ended up just eating it with a fork, and enjoying how good this would have been in sandwich form.  Crunchy crusty bread, salt and pepper opah, avocado, lettuce, tomato, more crunchy crusty bread.  After a few bites, I got a bit of sriracha, as I wanted a bit of spice.  Opah is definitely on my list of fish to get again after this.  It has an almost chicken like texture, but with a good fishy flavor.  I bet this would work well in a curry, too, or with some other sort of rich sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment