Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Rain, Snow, and Ice



So I took this picture, planning on continuing my posts from last month about the Dread Pirate Fuzzbottom. However, he was clearly having a bad day. His fur was all puffed out to try to stay warm and dry, since it was raining all day long, with occasional bursts of snow and ice pellets. Those are the worst, because they sting when they hit your face. I'll put out some nuts for him tomorrow so he stays fat and happy.

I'm thinking that tomorrow is a work from home day. I can't justify driving in to work just to leave early so I can roast a leg of lamb. I just made the mustard sauce, so it'll have a night to blend and mellow. I thought about boning the lamb as well tonight, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon for that. If I think this through correctly, I probably will need to roast it for like an hour and a half. Given the expected time to drive over, I'll probably have to start prep and cooking between 4 and 5. It always takes longer to do the butchering than I expect. I'm thinking I'm going to try to slice the muscles enough such that it's "flat" in some fashion. Then the old sear, roast, rest, nom routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment