Saturday, December 6, 2008

blah christmas



Julie calling asking for ingredients for spinach artichoke dip reminded me of two things. One, getting a phone call from Julie is always like walking in on the middle of a conversation. She's already gone over the introduction and explanation before calling, so you're just going to have to learn to catch up quickly.

Two, Charles is having a Christmas party on Wednesday, and I offered to make roast leg of lamb. I haven't decided on a recipe yet, because Greek style and BBQ style don't seem to match well with "Christmas." The complication is that I probably have to cook it nearly all the way on Tuesday, stick it in the fridge, and then warm it up on Wednesday. That's going to be tricky to keep moist. Alternatively, I can just skip out that day, and cook it all at once. That still doesn't answer what flavor to do. I'm kind of thinking of knocking together a Moroccan style thing. That's totally in the spirit of the season. Morocco is like Christmas central, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment