Thursday, December 4, 2008

My back hurts,

and it has hurt all day long. I do not know why this is the case, as I have not done anything in the past forever to hurt it. I'm hoping it gets better tomorrow, because it sucks when you can't twist or bend at all.

It's been a week since Thanksgiving, and I still haven't written up my review of everything. I guess this is as good a time as any.
  • Thanksgiving kitchens need doors or gates or something. It's hard to accomplish things when people wandering in and out. I think that the first step for this would be to put drinks out in the people-zone, and get them out of the food-zone.
  • Probe thermometers are super important for roasts. The turkey was a bit dry, which was my fault (I kept it in after I decided it was probably done, because I figured poisoning a dozen people wasn't a great plan). Had my probe thermometer not decided to just make up numbers, I would have known when it was done, and could have pulled it appropriately.
  • Electric knives are cool, and make carving easy.
  • My next apple pie will have bacon on it
I thought there was more, but I can't think of it now. All in all, it was a success, and I totally enjoyed myself. We'll have to see what next year brings, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment