Monday, December 1, 2008

Home

Finally back home. Today's travel stuff was probably set up the best, given the circumstances. The security line at Austin was about a half hour long, because of all the people returning from Thanksgiving. I guess I wasn't the only one with that idea. This didn't complicate anything, as pretty much all the flights out of Austin this morning were at least an hour delayed.

The flight to Minneapolis was largely uneventful, and I spent it in some mix of "sleeping" and "totally passed out." My trip had a 2.5 hour layover scheduled, so the flight delay didn't really hurt anything. I got to sit next to two kids on the flight to Detroit, which was fine up until the one sitting next to me spilled his pop. How does that even happen, Captain Spazz? They make those cups nearly spherical for a reason.

I didn't feel that hungry when I got to Detroit (I'd had a burger at Disappointment King in Minneapolis. It was, as you'd expect, disappointing.), so I just got a hot fudge sundae at Coney. Nom nom nom.

The return trip of the Michigan Flyer was late, which meant I got to sit in the fumes section of the airport for an extra half hour. Yay! Still, taking the bus was the correct choice. It snowed the entire way back, and when I got back to East Lansing, all the roads were slushy and slick. I had originally planned on getting a pizza at Pizza House, but switched over to just picking up a Hot-n-Ready. My car was happy and warm sitting in the new ramp on campus, at least until I made it drive back to my apartment and sit in the parking lot. I'm probably going to be pissed at the amount of snow I need to scrape off it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment