Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday: Today felt like Sunday a lot, but it was really just second Saturday.

These are the problems of three day weekends.  I did my standard "do absolutely nothing productive until I get super hungry.  I remembered that La Tour has a croque monsieur, and that sounded pretty good.  I was hoping for something like this:

Which, sure, obviously it's not going to be that good, but it's best to dream of perfection.
 So what did I get:
It looks more burnt than it was.  But still, a bit of a disappointment from my high expectations.  It being open-faced also confused me, but after some IMs with Julie, this is apparently an acceptable style.
Afterwards, I was driving down Ala Moana by the sunny shore, and remembered that Alakea turns into the Pali highway, so I took that turn.  Less than ten minutes later, I was at the overlook.

Where it was decidedly not sunny.
I'm tempted to claim that it wasn't technically raining up there.  When you are literally in the cloud, it kind of seems more like you're bumping in the rain before it has a chance to fall.  Also, this is the most Silent Hill picture I think I've ever taken.  There were people here when I arrived, but none of them had umbrellas or were prepared for the weather, so they were quickly leaving.

This chicken gang was not happy about the situation.

Neither was this one.

Which reminds me of the other story I was going to put in today's post.  I've been playing Disney Tsum Tsum off and on, and finally accumulated enough money to buy a fancy character box, as that seems to be what the strategy guides suggest (although "strategy," because they're often "use this character specifically, even though everything is random, and everything would cost a bajillion dollars if you use the buy-shit method").  I was hoping for someone cool, and ended up with Belle.  Ok, sure.  With my previous characters, my best strategy was to use Dale, and spam the "turn a bunch in the middle into Chips, which you can then clear into a big line" move as much as possible.  With this, I was averaging about 100-130 coins per round.  My first game with Belle?  500 coins.  Her special move is "I'll dance in this pattern with Beast, and everything we touch is immediately collected in chains of like 20+".  So yes, getting a fancy box is certainly better, because they're at least five times more effective, even when they're five levels lower.  Anyway, back to linkstorm.

  • They're so happy.
  • There's a lot of details and backstory to this, but the short version is: a bunch of jerk-ass racist/sexist/jerk-ass-ist jerk asses flooded the (sci-fi award) Hugo nominations with their own picks because the nomination process is open in a somewhat super-democratic manner.  However, the Hugos have a "just don't give out this award" option for the final votes.  So that's pretty much what happened, and it's kind of funny.








No comments:

Post a Comment