Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday: Back to work.

I was able to figure out that the reason I couldn't figure out my problem last week while on vacation is that a) the build system doesn't rebuild the thing I was working on the same was it does other things; and b) gdb doesn't respect the current environment and loads all the configuration files itself.  Sorting this out means I could fix the bug that was causing problems.

Being back from vacation means I also have to drive myself everywhere, which significantly cuts down on the number of Pokestops I can get.  I suspect this is why I didn't gain many levels between July and now.  Julie brought this up last night, which led me to looking to see what the level XP requirements actually are.  Serebii had the information, so I made a few plots of that:

XP requirements to go from level to level.

Total experience needed to reach that level.
So I understand why Julie sees it getting worse beyond level 20.  There's a clear jump in the level-to-level requirement.  I guess it doesn't really matter much to me.  I'm kind of playing the game in a "Professor Oak" style: I just want to fill out my Pokedex, and I'm not too concerned with optimizing everything.

It was rainy today.
 And I checked my work mail today.
Ok, that's a bit early.  Who is it from?

Oh.  Thanks Kaiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment