Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday: Sure. Why not? Let's drive over the mountains again.

The problem is that something I watched last night mentioned ribs.  I haven't had ribs in some time period measured in years.  This led to a search through yelp to try and find a place that does ribs.  Not so surprisingly, most places that list ribs on yelp here are talking about Korean style.  This was not the kind of ribs I wanted.

Eventually I found someone complaining that the ribs they had weren't that great, and that Ruby Tuesday's (of all places) had better ones.  The RT that was at Ala Moana is gone now (according to yelp), so I decided to go to the one in Kaneohe.  Because why not.

Fact I didn't know: there is a little kid train that drives through Windward Mall.

They're very proud of their salad bar at RT.  Disturbingly so.  It's a salad bar, RT.  Also: I have no clue how to use a salad bar.  Do you just accept that everything is going to spill all over?
I forgot to take a picture of my strawberry lemonade.  It was served in one of those super tall beer glasses that I don't think I've ever used before.

I went with the full rack, so I'd have leftovers for tomorrow.  I also have leftover green beans.  There were no survivors of the mac&cheese party.
Good thing:  the ribs were cooked to the point where the bone comes out cleanly.  Not good thing:  somehow, they were still dry.  Not excessively so, just enough to make me a bit sad.


  • I didn't know we had a comet up in the southern hemisphere.  We find quite a few, so it's hard to keep track.
  • Maneki neko.
  • Nine page paper that largely explains the underlying economics that fuel the current Greek crisis, based on the underlying fact that the Euro zone is not in fact an optimal currency area.




No comments:

Post a Comment