Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday: Adventures!

A week and a half ago, I did the eye test and chose new glasses, and was told that it would take three weeks to get them in.  That was a lie, as they called me yesterday to tell me that they were in.  They're only open until noon on Saturdays, so I had to get up early.

They're clearly better at the "things glasses are supposed to do," but I haven't completely gotten used to them, so things often look weird.  This is especially true at the far periphery, as they're slightly wider, so there's more not-fuzzy area than before.  I'm also thinking that next time I should get the more expensive thinner lens material.  These are a bit thicker than I was expecting.
And the case is this weird triangle prism thing that magnets shut.  Also I went to the movies.
Mr. Holmes opened here this weekend, so I wanted to go see that.  It's not a bad movie, and does avoid many of the "modern Holmes story tropes" that plague many of these kind of things.  There are a few issues that didn't make sense, but it holds together pretty well.

And then I thought about getting stuff at WF, but decided not to.  I started driving home, decided that I wasn't quite hungry enough to get a late lunch, and then decided that I probably should have gotten something at WF for dinner.  So I went to WF.  In Kailua.  Because I wanted to drive over the mountains again, I guess.  I took the Likelike, but then couldn't get over into the lane I needed to get on to Kamehameha.  While driving I saw Mokulele Drive, and I know that that connects.  It is also the street that has one of the best views of the Koolaus:

Stolen from street view because there was too much traffic to try taking my own image.  Which is unfortunate, because street view doesn't have a sunny sky.  The mountain on the left has a nice flatter area halfway down that you can kind of see.  That was super bright.  The range on the right has a bunch of ridges (that you can again kind of see), that were alternating with shadows today.
These are older links, but they check out.




No comments:

Post a Comment