Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday: Well, it was close.

I had the idea to get a cheese steak for lunch today.  So I did the obvious thing, and looked to see what the internet suggested.  "Oh, this place in Kailua looks cool, let's drive over there and try it out!"

It's good that I continued searching until I found their facebook page.  It turns out that they closed.  Last week.  I was literally one week late on the cheese steak train.

HBC has a cheese steak.
Also this bird.
I completely reworked it, though.  It comes with 1000 island dressing, and a horseradish cream, but I had those removed (along with the peppers, and I just now noticed that the onions were gone too), and added mushrooms.
And it's dippable, which is partially why I wanted to get rid of the other wet ingredients.
This version isn't bad, but it still has two issues:  the beef is too thick and dry, and the cheese should be doubled.  Still, not terrible, and it solved the cheese steak problem for the day.


Also, in the off chance that Fox TV marketing reads this, I'm intentionally not watching the show you've been promoting constantly.  It looks like it sucks, and you need to not be rewarded for making shitty shows and then pointing at it like it's not.




No comments:

Post a Comment