Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thursday: No picture, because I can't find anything that looks interesting.


  • I was cleaning out people I followed on twitter yesterday so I could have a nice round number.  One of the things I unfollowed was The Mechanical Pulse, which used to do cool techno on the college station.  It's apparently ended now, but I periodically re-discover a similar show that plays while I drive home on Thursdays.  I'm hoping I'll remember it now.
  • Speaking of college, apparently they're shooting the inevitably terrible Batman/Superman movie there.
  • If they sold this during regular hours, I'd at least try it.  Without ranch of course, because ranch sucks.
  • So the CEO is approving the sale of the Canadian part of Sears to the hedge fund that he controls?  This sounds like some sort of scam, but he's been such a disaster at running Sears, I can't imagine he has an actual plan.
  • Dumb people continue to be dumb, even after being proven wrong.  Some dumb people hide when you tell them they're wrong.  Other dumb people continue to argue that they're still right, because they're not just regular dumb, they're maliciously dumb.
  • The fact that I had to find this story on Buzzfeed is depressing.  Also depressing?  The fact that prosecutors have no actual incentive to work for justice.  More convictions is always good for them, and if that involves twisting a law so they can send mothers to jail because their abusive husbands/boyfriends kill their child, then all the better for them.  Go back and read that sentence again.  What kind of shitbag of a prosecutor would think that that serves any concept of justice?  Feel free to read the story if you basically just want to get worked up into a rage.
  • I forgot my Batman link.  My question: how exactly does Bruce launder his money to the League?

No comments:

Post a Comment