Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday: I can see the rain in you, sky. Stop messing around and just do it.

That was one of today's annoyances.  The other was the jackass (or set of jackasses) who have anti-mufflers on their cars, making excessive "ZOOM ZOOM" sounds as they drive up the street outside.  If you can only feel something when you're zooming from 5 to 27 mph in first gear, and then require three seconds to shift into second, you need to find a better hobby.  I suggest "actually learning to drive a damn car."

I didn't know what I wanted for lunch until it wasn't lunch anymore, nor was it even late lunch.  It was just standard dinner at that point.  I didn't want to cook, and nothing really sounded good.  I went to honolulu burger again, and decided against getting a burger in favor of the Philly Dip.  Kind of a geographical mix going on, with the Philadelphia cheesesteak blending with the French Dip, but it was pretty good.  Some complaints (as always).  The steak should have been cooked a bit differently to ensure the connective tissue had properly broken down.  More cheese, fewer onions.  The "basically 1000 island" secret sauce is kind of out of place and just makes it sloppier.  However, since HBC uses local beef, the sandwich works fine with these issues because the beef simply tastes beefier.  Garlic fries on the side, but I should just stop ordering fries here.  I can barely finish the sandwich, and I feel bad throwing away 50-70% of my fry basket.  They really need like a "tiny" size.  Like a McDonald's mini fry bag size as an option with a burger.

Significantly later dessert was some of this delicious black raspberry with chocolate chip gelato.  I added a chocohigo, because I impulse bought them yesterday.  They're more expensive this year, making this dessert about $3 in components.  Still, super tasty.

Lions and tigers and bears! "Dude, I know one of you two decorated our house with these pumpkins.  I'm not even angry anymore, I just want you to be honest with me and stop blaming it on 'some guy in a tan suit.'  I'm not buying that."
Snow fox is bad with cocaine.

I also was informed that I answered the questions "wrong" yesterday, because I "didn't actually come up with a full menu plan for new years."  Fine.  New Year's, Appetizer Style:
  • Mini crab cakes
  • Baked colcannon balls with drawn butter
  • Quick fried scallops with a lemon/herb aioli
  • Assorted sausages and cheeses.
  • Mini stromboli segments.
  • Spinach parmesan wontons
  • Kabucha tempura
  • Fried asparagus, to share the aioli
  • Mixed green salad, apple cider/sriracha dressing
  • Shortbread, strawberries, and pepper balsamic whipped cream
  • Chocolate shells with assorted ices and sorbets.

No comments:

Post a Comment