Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wednesday: Happy Sciuridaes!

Because it's a great pun.  A pun so wonderful, I've decided to steal my idea of Bear Week from last year, and celebrate Happy Sciuridaes for the rest of the year.  I didn't do captions, partially because I'm putting this all together at the last minute, and I'm kind of pressed for time.  Maybe I'll add some after travelling.


I also spent way too much last-minute time coming up with the brilliant idea that I could use the youtube downloader thing to grab all the videos I've been sticking into playlists and stick them on my laptop.  This would allow me to watch them on vacation while the internet is less reliable.  Plus, I had the double-brilliant idea that I could convert them to be usable on my PSP, and then I could watch the videos on the plane.  Unfortunately, I can't get any of the videos I've converted to work on my PSP.  It looks like all the ffmpeg incantations I had saved (and could find online) no longer do the same thing they did in 2008.  I do have one playlist saved, and I have an 8GB memory stick, so I'm sure I can probably get this working at some point.  Just not now.

And, I don't have time to finish reading all my usual things tonight, as I have to get up early for a telecon tomorrow.  This means I only have the one link for today.  At least I'm like 95% packed, with the only major thing remaining to take the grocery bag full of "shit you need to pack" and stick it all into my backpack.





No comments:

Post a Comment