Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday: "Twinkle twinkle pretty!"

Maybe prettier.  The point is, I was driving home from work, listening to the Jpop station because there wasn't anything interesting on NPR, and the rock stations were playing something awful.  This commercial comes on for some beauty salon in town, and I can't tell if it was a joke, or if the commercial text was directly translated into english, but it was full of odd phrases like that.

"Big Sister's a cheater! You cut your slice bigger!" "Same.  Both are the same."  You did read right to left, right?

  • Wobbuffet.
  • I kind of want to learn sign language just to do things like this.
  • This is why we should make sure all scientists are fully employed.
  • This explains why I always think bull terriers are hideous hell beasts when I see them.  Also: really depressing.
  • I don't actually care about the article, but it leads into a great story from today.  I'm leaving work, and as I pass the office of a faculty member, the really loud christmas music that has been pouring out of the open door as I've been walking down the hallway suddenly stops mid-song.  Kind of as if someone was rocking out to the christmas music and then realized that someone else could hear it.  It's too late at that point, unnamed faculty member.
  • Bitcoin economics.
  • Brownie recipe.  From Julie.  Mostly so I know that it's easy to find in the future.  Yes, I have been using this blog as my effective bookmarks for like three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment