Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday: That is not the way I wanted to wake up this morning

It rained this morning.  Like a lot of rain.  Since I live in a place where we get tsunami warnings every year or so, I have the phone weather alert things turned on.  Mostly so I know when I should turn on the TV to watch everyone watching the Waikiki beach cam.  It's fun.

Anyway, it rained a lot this morning.  So they issued a flash flood warning, because Hawaii is shaped like this: "^", and rain basically just runs down into the ocean.  This made my phone go into panic mode with all sorts of sirens and buzzers to ensure that I knew this fact.  Unfortunately, I was comfortably safe in my bed a hundred feet above the ground, and therefore wasn't too concerned about floods.

It was nice to hear thunder again, though.  Most rain here is boring rain.

Later, I went to get kleenex and dinner.
HBC.  I went with sweet potato fries as I can never finish the fancy flavored fries, and didn't feel like regular fries.  Pretty good, although I would have preferred a bit more salt.

Mushroom burger.  I don't think they usually put two slices of cheese on it.
I think I'm just perpetually disappointed in HBC.  Nothing's really bad, but there are a bunch of little nitpicks.  A) I ordered medium, and this was totally well done.  There was just no juice left in the meat.  Given that they start with really wonderful beef, this is just a shame. B) Toast the damn buns.  A cold bun turns into magic with a quick vacation to the grill.  C) Cut the lettuce to match the bun size.  I don't want to have to fight a floppy curtain of lettuce to get to my food.


  • This is just stupid.  And for the record, Paul, I intentionally didn't watch Tower Prep, and was happy when it was cancelled.  I'm sure it was a great show, but it was live action on Cartoon Network.  I refuse to support the decartoonification of a once-great channel.  But yeah, the rest of that is just absolute bullshit.
    • Also, if you're in marketing, and you have an audience, but you don't know how to sell them things, maybe just kill yourself.  First, you're in marketing, so you're already basically a leech on society.  Second, you're bad at it.  You suck at being a leech on society.
  • On the other hand, there's the person who was able to successfully market this abomination.  Wow.  WTF?
  • Actually, I do know that Apollo 11 went to the moon, because I'm not a fucking moron.  Also, the mistake at the bottom makes me think that this has to be a fake.
  • Yes, Boeing is basically everything wrong with corporate America.
  • Say what you will about the Soviets, that is still a kick-ass train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment