Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday: Dinner and games


Rather tasty, but I still prefer Tenkaippin.  This was the "Michi" with "stout" broth and added menma.  This was thicker than the other broths, but it didn't quite stick to the noodles as much as I would have liked.  I think that stickiness is the only way to get to the bottom of the bowl with noodle and broth both gone.

Also, since this is Texas, you get like a quarter pound of charsiu, instead of the standard single thin slice.  Nice flavor in it, but the super thick cut makes rolling it up and chomping with chopsticks a bit trickier.  The menma was cold, as were the mushrooms they added.  I don't really see why these aren't kept in a steamer tray or something so they can be added to the hot soup while also hot.

Similar to Tenkaippin, you can get extra noodles to eat with leftover broth.

 And then suddenly Cards Against Humanity with expansion pack 4:

I know I've mentioned buying expansion packs in the past, but that hasn't happened until now.  I think this means slipping them in one-by-one on each subsequent visit. That should complete the set sometime in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment