Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday: Finally Friday

This has been how I've felt all week.  Like Godzilla making copies.  Except I didn't make any copies.  Nor am I a giant nuclear powered death lizard.  I don't think.

  • Here's a depressing fact.  You know, if these profits were equally shared, everyone in the country would end up making about $4500 more a year.  Everyone.  Old people, babies, homeless dudes.  Everyone.  This kind of makes it hard to argue for keeping wages low, don't you think?
  • Hipster dinosaurs.
  • A danger most parents just kind of ignore, like it could never happen to them.
  • This is dumb.  If we can have google out designing robot powered cars, how do we not already have this done for trains?  Trains are a full dimension simpler.  Add two things:  GPS system so you know where the train is, and a trip odometer, so you have a second estimate of your position along the track.  Next, program in sharp turns, so the system knows where they are.  Then, set up the system to automatically decelerate when you approach those turns.  You could even add a "No, seriously, I know what I'm doing" switch that would enable full manual, but make it something spring loaded that you actually have to push on to make work.
  • Elsevier is crap.
  • I thought this was interesting, but didn't read enough to get through all the math.  

No comments:

Post a Comment