Saturday, December 21, 2013

Friday: timezones nearly let me make this one on time

But I guess it's only a five hour not six hour difference.

Anyway, travel details.

First, the plane from Honolulu was delayed an hour and a half, starting everything late. Then, I was sitting next to the chattiest, figetiest guy ever. He constantly tried to start up conversations with the flight attendants, and couldn't sit still for more than ten seconds. This basically meant that sleeping wasn't going to work.

Plus, the headphones I've been using for travel no longer put out the left channel, and I can't deal with that. New headphones are in order before the next flight.

The connection for the second flight wasn't that bad, and I had time to stand and wait before the flight opened. The b wing of iah isn't very well designed. It's where all the small jets are, but they keep everyone for like ten gates in the same seating area. There are not enough seats by about a factor of two.

The second flight was basically just me sleeping. Woo sleep.

Unfortunately, after landing, I discovered that although i'd made the flight, my bag hadn't. After listening to other people complain to the bag agent (including, "ok, I see your bag, it's going to louisville, what address can I have that delivered to?" "I don't know." [Blank stare]), I asked, and was told that my bag was 100% on the next plane, which was already taxiing to the runway. This meant a three hour wait at ind. There is not really three hours of things at ind.

The bag did arrive, everything worked out fine, and I did eventually catch up on sleep.

Except it's like 5am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment