Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday: This was the plan all week long.

After work, I was going to go get a burrito.
It is very hard to make the unicorn horn look normal.
There are three Pokestops near the burrito place, but only two of them can be hit all the time.  The third one depends on where the game places your trainer.
On the other hand, Target (the actual destination) only has one Pokestop, and it's only available by the entrance to the store.
The Target trip was mostly to get a few things that are easier to get at Target.  Also, I had to go back and get the check out lady to fix my total, because she scanned the $20 toilet paper cube twice.  I also decided to get a new shower curtain, because my current one is kind of old.  They didn't have the same "generic calm leaves" pattern, so I got a "stylized three-tone grey cityscape scene."  

"I should get new shower hooks to go with this new curtain."

Except no.
I have wonderful frog shaped hooks, and I was hoping to get either new frogs, or some similar "small animal" or "silly thing" theme.  But the kids shower curtain area (where I got the frogs) doesn't have hooks, and the hook section only has boring ass grown up ones.  Also: tacky ass hooks with giant fake gems.  Why do you hate fun, Target?

And the moon is full, and was out above the store, but I couldn't get my phone to set the exposure correct.

But this shot I took from home came out pretty decent.
I should level up tomorrow, I think.
I also spent fifteen minutes last night looking at book library apps again.  I found one that seems to work well, and has a good scanning and export capability.  I'm hoping to work through all my books this weekend, so I can finally have a proper catalog of what I have.  This was partially prompted by not knowing where one book is, and that led to a desire to organize things, and that to the idea of making the catalog and, pending shelf space I don't have magically appearing, organizing everything by Library of Congress call numbers.

The only problem with this is that the app doesn't do LoC numbers, and there doesn't seem to be a clean online mapper.  The actual LoC catalog returns the full call number for a given ISBN, but it doesn't seem to be complete (it didn't find my Yotsuba book).  This one seems to be more complete (it looks to be based on a survey of actual libraries), but doesn't supply a full call number, just the first component.  I think the solution is to use the app to make the catalog, and then write something that scrapes both of those pages when I convert the CSV export into an sqlite database.

The final benefit of this is that I'll be far better at not buying duplicates.  I know I have two or three clear duplicates, and I've stopped buying Adventure Time trades because I can't remember which ones I have.  Even more surprising was when I was looking for that book last night and discovered that I have a book of Kafka.  When did I buy that?  What else did I buy at the same time that I read instead of that?  I have no idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment