Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tuesday: Night flight to SFO

After a regular full day of work (and heading to Macy's before work to buy a new tote, so I didn't have to worry about packing things), I took the late flight to San Francisco.

Before leaving work, I stopped by Fendu to get a turkey sandwich.  This was a wonderful idea, as their bread holds up well, making the sandwich as good four hours later when I was on the plane as it is at lunchtime.
Honolulu from the plane.
This was also the first time I've been able to try United's new inflight entertainment package.  They've disabled the arm rest radios and are phasing out the headrest screens (and the older public screen systems) in favor of tablet based systems they can run over their wifi.  This hasn't been available for android until recently, so I wanted to at least look at what they had.

You can do the "where is the plane" map thing.

Or watch Frozen in all the languages.

They have TV shows and various foreign movies, but it seems like the selection is much smaller than the old head rest based systems.  Plus, without power available at every seat, this isn't really a great solution for longer flights.

In any case, I was able to get to SFO, and take the BART from the airport.  BART is not even close to as good as the Tokyo subway system.

No comments:

Post a Comment