Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tuesday: Fucking idiots.

Summary of election things:

  1. If you're afraid of random things, you shouldn't be allowed to vote, because you're an idiot.
  2. If you vote for a minimum wage increase, and then also vote for someone who opposes minimum wage increases, you're also a fucking idiot.
  3. We can all be happy that old people will die, leaving behind a less stupid country.
  4. We can also be happy that the country is become more diverse, despite how much this panics horrible racists.
  5. The Republican congress now has to craft and pass an immigration bill.  The options on this are all pretty wonderful:
    1. Don't pass an immigration bill.  Lose a large chunk of the population permanently.
    2. Pass a harsh immigration bill.  Lose a large chunk of the population permanently.
    3. Pass a reasonable immigration bill.  Add a large group to the population while simultaneously alienating the most racist part of your current voting base.
  6. If I remember correctly, the 2016 senate races are not expected to be favorable for Republicans.
  7. At least my senator isn't going to be a fucking idiot.
Since it was election day, I had a nice day off to do a bunch of errands.
I voted, but didn't get a "I voted" sticker.
I went to buy googly eyes.

I went to work to move the door of my work refrigerator to the other side, and to put googly eyes on my roomba again.
I got gas, but couldn't put more air in my tires, because some crazy lady was washing her car by hand, blocking the air pump.
And then I got a carwash.

And they just put out the preliminary results: Ige@53%; Takai@54%.

Schatz was called almost immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment