Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday: This week and next are weird 1-1-3-2 arrangements.

Due to election day tomorrow and veteran's day next Tuesday.  Since it's election day tomorrow, I probably should figure out who I'm voting for.


  • Senator: Brian Schatz.  Because Cam Cavasso's ads make it sounds like supporting Obama is equivalent to sponsoring terrorists, so he's apparently crazy.
  • Representative: Mark Takai.  Because I hate Charles Djou.
  • Governor: David Ige.  Because splitting one side under the guise of a hypothetical "middle" is stupid, Mufi.
  • State Representative: Della Au Belatti.  Because I like the newsletters that randomly show up and tell me about things I don't care about.  I don't know why they're so entertaining.
  • Maui OHA Trustee: Carmen Lindsey.  Because I'm not sure about the other candidate.
  • OHA At large Trustee: I have to pick three?  I don't know.  None of them really jump out as great.
  • Amendments: 
    • Judges: OMG, WTF cares?  Sure.  Public stuff is better than secret stuff.
    • Agriculture: Still don't care.  Sure.  Bonds for agriculture is a good idea.
    • Judges, again: No.  I would prefer not having judges be 80 years old.  Old people suck.
    • Education: No.  Private daycare is private, and therefore shouldn't get public money.
    • Dams: Actual real dams.  Yes.  If you own a dam, and want to make it safer, the state should help you do so.

Links, after an hour of reading boring election crap.

  • Buffy.
  • So the new Thor is Black Widow?  I guess that makes more sense than introducing a new character just to make her Thor, but I'm worried this is going to end up being one of those things where people talk about "that time when Black Widow was Thor."
  • There are fast casual pizza restaurants?

No comments:

Post a Comment