Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday: All the links today seem to have stories.

This dog is pissed.


  • Except this one, I guess.  This is just TSA being stupid.  Even if you were given an order to search a guy who's already finished his flight, can't you point out that that's stupid?
  • I guess they're re-releasing the SuperDictionary.  I have a copy of the original, because when it first appeared as a meme (July 3, 2006, according to my Amazon history), I immediately bought it.  This was a good idea, as it's now twice as expensive as when I bought.
  • It would be a shame to stop watching a show because the creators decided to be dicks.
  • I saw this character in an image today, and was reminded of an idea I had in the back of my head, and went to wikipedia to check.  "[...] the characters were originally planned to be female, but were changed to "newhalfs" (a Japanese term for transsexual or transgendered individuals)[8] due to the suggestion that "hitting women was considered rude" in America and the concern that feminist groups would sue."  What?  Dear Japan, I have a suspicion that you maybe didn't know how America worked in the 1980s.
  • So this was the big tech story today.  Fun fact: I've been watching these guys play Minecraft for close to two years now, and so this weekend I finally decided that $7 was a vanishingly small amount of money, and bought it.  Less than 24 hours later the rumors of this sale started.

No comments:

Post a Comment