Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday: I enjoyed my Sunday. You may want to skip this post.

Part 1: Lunch.

The standard "no clue what I want for lunch" happened again today, and I decided that I'd go with "fish" as the solution to the problem.  So, Nico's then.
Fish/chips/I was hungry and wanted calimari, too.
Not the best I've had at Nico's, with overcooked calimari and fish that largely shed the crispy coating.  Probably healthier in the long run, if you can get over the "totally fried" aspect.
And then there was a rainbow.

Part 2: This Crappy Pokemon Movie.

I've done this before. Often.  Many times, apparently.  This was not the best one I've seen.
"Douchebag vs. Douchebag: Why Even Have the Main Characters" would have been a better title.

It stars this jerk.  He speaks. Using Inuyasha's voice, which is just creepy.

He's friends with these three jerks.  They talk too, but largely tell him he "needs to train more" and "isn't ready yet." Why does that sound like Dragonball Z?

He ignores advice, and goes to fight this jerk. His ass is thoroughly handed to him, and he gets his jerk friends frozen in ice.  Good job, jerk.
Insert opening credits with extended opening theme music from current series here.

James is only in the movie here. Making a call.

To Jessie, who equally shows up for like two seconds.  Fuck.
 Blah blah blah, Loser McJerkface teams up with Team Twerp (Unova Version), and run from Jerky McKicksYourAss.  That's when the felonies start happening.
 Like breaking into the subway system by smashing in giant train doors.  Do subways have giant train doors? 

Then they steal a blimp.  A blimp stored at the transportation museum at the edge of town that the subway connects to for some reason.

Then they steal a train.  These thefts are attempts to confuse Jerky McKYA.
 Fighty crap happens, but not regular Pokemon fighting.  Random "now I must power-up to fight with my TRUE STRENGTH!" kind of fighting.
See?  Upgraded form.
 More fighting.  They free the jerk's friends, who stand around and don't help.
"Because, honestly? We kind of hate him too."
Then the jerk realizes that the true way to win is not to play, or some other stupid lesson.  The villain largely says, "there you go, that's what you need to learn" and everything ends happy.

Definitely needed more Team Rocket.

Part 3: Things Left Undone.

I left myself a note yesterday that I needed lightbulbs.  Then I totally forgot about them, so my kitchen is still dark.

This meant that it was too dark to make dinner, so I just had a sandwich.  That's unfortunate, because I was going to make either a stromboli or a calzone, and now I'll have to do that tomorrow after work.  Instead of immediately eating pre-made stromboli or calzone.

This, but this is undone for a scientific reason:


Part 4: I Watch Most of Another Movie.

Three years ago, I watched this movie.  They had the second(?) sequel on today, so I watched that as well.  Not quite as economically devastating.  Well, ok.  It's not economically devastating if you ignore the part where Tinkerbell nearly destroys the entire world in a blanket of ice.  That would probably mess up the society they'd built.

But hey, the ending is a deus ex machina.  So it has that going for it.

Part 5: Links.


  • Is this story suggesting that because fines "could lower profits" at banks, we should just ignore all the shady dealings?  Isn't that basically condoning extortion?
  • I'm also a bit sad that the monkey couldn't go home with his people, but then again, they left him in a car while they went to Ikea.  Nice coat, though.
  • Puppy.
  • Prime rib.

No comments:

Post a Comment