Saturday, December 1, 2012

Seven questions?

1) What Adventure Time character is your favorite and why? 
Ice King. Because he has Wizard Eyes. He also has the best backstory of anyone on the show.  

2) What's the perfect New Year's Eve dinner menu? 
Stromboli?  That's a bit silly, but it sounds good.  Plus it can be sliced up into appetizer size bits (or just made that way to start).  Crab cakes are also a good idea.  Basically, a lot of tiny small bites, instead of a proper meal.

3) If you could go back in time and change your major, what would you change it to? 
I don't know. Archaeology/Classics? That's kind of even less useful than astronomy. Even though I do a bunch of amateur economics, I'm not really sure I'd enjoy doing it full time (and hated the class in college).  However, I really enjoyed the classics classes I took.  It's a shame that MSU doesn't offer most of those anymore, but again, "even less useful than astronomy."

4) Who makes the best chili-cheese fries? 
These were pretty good.  I guess I don't usually get chili cheese fries that often.  

5) What's been your favorite book you've read this year? 
Bayesian Reasoning and Machine Learning.  Kind of a let down, I know, but there's a lot of really useful math in this book that I've been trying to get coded up.

6) What vacation spot would you want to visit in the U.S. in 2013? 
Kauai, probably. It's next on the list of Hawaiian islands that I haven't been to.  I think it's kind of a long weekend thing, whereas the other islands (Molokai, Lanai) seem like they're just day trip things.

7) cake or pie? recipe for your favorite.
Does cheesecake count?  I'm not totally sure this is my absolute favorite, but I have a picture of the recipe ready to go.  It's really super rich, so you have to cut the slices fairly small.

No comments:

Post a Comment