Saturday, February 13, 2016

Saturday: Good.

So I woke up this morning to this:
It was magical.
Tony Scalia, human bag of shit, finally died.  It's a wonderful thing, even if the Senate is going to pretend that they actually care about the country.  "The people should be able to vote on who gets appointed."  They did, motherfuckers.  Three years ago when they decided Mitt Romney was a plutocrat asshole.  Even still, this means if Anthony Kennedy doesn't feel like being decent, the vote will be 4-4.  What does that mean?  Turns out Vox has an article explicitly with the title "Here's what happens."  Thanks, Vox.

Also, Kennedy was appointed and confirmed in the last year of Reagan's presidency, so that's kind of a nice precedent.  He was confirmed after Bork wasn't.  "Oh, but that's because Democrats were mean and prevented a perfectly valid candidate from being on the court!"  No.  Robert Bork was a bag of shit too.  Read that section.  Wow, that's certainly not legal.  Read the next section.  Wow, that's kind of a dick move.  Read the first paragraph of the next section.  Fucking poll taxes are fine?  Wow.  What a bag of shit.

And I just want to link to Wrath Hover Ginsbot again.  Because she's great.


Anyway, then I eventually got up and did my actual plan for the day.  First up, burger time.

From the Counter.
They've really gone downhill.  The "oven roasted tomatoes" were cold cherry tomatoes.  Who puts whole cherry tomatoes on a burger?  Usually it's slices, and they're nicely dehydrated and it works great.  These were just cold wet messes.  Gross.  Plus, they made everything else cold.  Even the fries.  Which makes me think that they just didn't serve me my food when it was done.  And do you notice what's not on that plate?  Yeah, the buffalo wing sauce.  Where did it go?  I'm guessing Jimmy Bartender didn't type the order correctly before leaving at the end of his shift.  I'm also pretty sure that Jane Bartender shouldn't need to fight the computer thing just to find my bill.  Just not a good trip.

Chronologically, this photo is out of place with the story, but that's how it goes.

The moon was a nice cool crescent.  It is still impossible to take a picture of it with my phone.  I did get a nice streetlight glow, though.
Anyway, the main part of the day's plan: movie time.

Yet another comic book movie.
It was a good movie.  It's pretty much what you should expect from a Deadpool movie.  People die in gratuitously violent ways, he breaks the fourth wall, it's generally silly.  More nudity than I was expecting, although it seems like they pre-counted how much they could show and still get their R rating.  Which, given that there's a scene where Deadpool cuts off someone's head, and then flings it at somebody else, is a bit ridiculous.  I'm pretty sure I've seen Deadpool spelling things with dead bodies in a comic before, as well, but can't seem to find it right now.  I'll put a few additional thoughts in the links.





No comments:

Post a Comment