Saturday, November 1, 2014

Saturday: Movie day

 I didn't think I had too much time for my movie plan for today, but I apparently planned poorly.  The matinee showings of Princess Kaguya were dubbed, so I had to wait for the 7pm show to see the subtitled version.

So the plan was to get sushi for dinner:
Done.
 I expected that I'd have to wait a long time to get a seat at the sushi place.  This was not the case, so I had lots of time to kill.  I wandered around the mall.
I got some gelato, because why not.
I found Doraemon again.
 And it eventually became movie time.
I used the Doraemon stamp on my receipt.
It's a very good movie.  The art is done in varying degrees of sketchiness, which works wonderfully for scenes.  The short chubby maid is a wonderful character, and adds a touch of humor and lightness to the story.

Which is otherwise horribly sad and depressing.  This is a movie in which no one has a happy ending.


I was also reminded why I generally don't like watching movies with other people.  Other people are stupid.  I sat down where I usually try to: most of the way to the front, centered.  Just before the trailers started, a dad and his daughter come in and sit right behind me.  They rustle all of their snacks and drinks around, and then the dad starts loudly chomping on popcorn.

Popcorn may be the least quiet food for a supposedly quiet space.

Still, not something you can get upset for.  Then the movie started.  The movie, that I've already mentioned, is the subtitled version.  The dad starts reading the subtitles to his daughter.  All of them.  I turned around and did the most polite thing I could, which was the shruggy arms up "seriously?" pose.  They then moved over to the side of the theater.

But still.  Seriously?  You go, "let's go to the movies!" but don't bother to look up to see which are the subbed and which are the dubbed screenings?  If you know your daughter can't read fast enough to keep up with subtitles, don't go to the subtitle one.

And then at the checkout at WF, all of my bananas had their necks snapped, so I did the only thing I could think of when I got home.  I taped the bananas back together so they don't go bad so fast.  Stupid lazy bananas.


  • Corgis.
  • A pie that is also a brownie.  This is the kind of technology we should be researching.
  • Fact #15.  First up, you're agreeing to go to Antarctica for two and a half years.  Then, to double down the suck, you're only bringing Necco wafers.

No comments:

Post a Comment