Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday: This may be one of those "stick with me" kind of things.

Today's music video:

You should be able to see the title information, and see that this is the song "Ray" by "Bump of Chicken," and think that's what we're going to talk about.  What a silly name, right?

Nope.  I heard this song on the radio and my first thought was, "holy crap, I think this is the first Hatsune Miku song I've heard."  Who?  You'll have to skip to ~10 seconds in to see her.

"Wait, this cartoon character?"

Yes.  Hatsune Miku isn't real, she's a computer program that can sing.  Specifically, she's one of the many different Vocaloids, which all have unique voices.  Puppycat from Bee and Puppycat is voiced by a different one.  The main difference is that Hatsune Miku has a significant marketing push, to the point where she's actually performed live concerts.

This is where I put the Macross+ link.

  • I'm tempted to go see this Ghost in the Shell marathon tomorrow.  The problem is, part 4 isn't released, so I'd just be going to see parts 1-3.
  • I did not know this about the Honolulu area, and wonder how much of this is skewed due to the military presence here (since I don't see how to link to just Honolulu, the numbers are 1.41 men/women; 119/100 employed men/women, 59/100 employed women/men).
  • The full story is good to read, but this is the best summary I found.  I'm not surprised Pen isn't running things day-to-day.  The good thing is that he at least has a team that understands the show coming after him, unlike others in the past (cough, cough, Dexter's Lab, cough, cough Johnny Bravo).
  • Yeah, but I refuse to buy a Domino's pizza in case that jackass who used to own it has any share in it still.
  • I used twitter instead, and then compared my "followers" and "following" number (on the official Pokedex).  Togetic.  Or Skitty.  Hrm.

No comments:

Post a Comment