Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Tuesday: So many parts of the eye doctor experience are not fun.

Making the appointment.  Going to the appointment.  Having them stab your eyes with air puffs.  Having them shine bright lights at you while telling you to not blink.  Having them put eye drops in that make your eyes all wonky and painful.  Having the eye drops make you super photosensitive so you have to hide like a vampire (more than usual).

At least today was a work-from-home day, because commencement was happening today and they didn't want people cluttering up campus.  That made it a bit better to spend 2.5 hours getting my eyes donked over.  The good news is that I get two sets of glasses with my (apparently) extra nice vision coverage.  That of course means that I spent twice as much money than I'd hoped I would, but will soon have regular glasses (that I will try hard not to squash) and sunglasses (a thing I have never before used).  It's a whole new world of vision.  I also now have my inter-ocular distance (67.5), and my prescription:
 So I can theoretically buy infinite cheap online glasses if I wanted.

I could probably even buy octagonal frames if I wanted.

Creepy eye sculpture is creepy.
 Also:
Pretty sure that's not the best translation you could have come up with, Google.


No comments:

Post a Comment