Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wednesday: I had a remarkably unproductive day, but it doesn't matter, because tomorrow is a holiday.

Most of the unproductivity was due to hardware failures.  Having to take nearly two hours to go to the doctor, watch a stupid video about drugs, and then sit in the lobby for fifteen minutes so the nurse can check that I "don't feel like something is wrong" didn't help either.  I then returned to spend even more unproductive time putting together new monitors.  The new monitors are all fancy, but I'm most excited about the "probably won't just stop showing stuff randomly" feature.

I also assumed that my new drug would come free stuff like the old one did.  Nope.  With the old drug, I got a cooler, a travel pack with freezer doodle, a pen, a folder full of informational stuff, coupons in case it wasn't already paid for by my insurance, a pony, coloring book, stickers, etc.  I mentioned that to the nurse, and even the old drug doesn't give away all that free stuff anymore either.  Drug companies suck, is what I'm saying.

Plus I received like nine chickens worth of food at lunch today.  This is "four tenders."  Technically it's five, and they're not tenders, they're the part that you get when you just kind of flail a knife at a chicken breast to cut off the tender.  I ended up saving half of this for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment